I have just joined the list and am a Paediatrician working with children in the community.  I am interested in cultural factors that influence toilet training in children and attitudes to incontinence. I see children with bed wetting and/or day time wetting and soiling, and am interested in how these problems are seen in different cutlures.  I wonder how this impacts upon access to services and whether these are sufficiently sensitive to the needs of  families from different ethnic groups. Treatment programmes have not been evaluated to take these factors into consideration, and our experience would suggest that there is a need for study in this area. I feel that current treatment programmes with bedwetting alarms do not meet the needs of many families.  There is no information about the acceptability of treatments such as enemas and laxatives for children with constipation and overflow soiling. I am part of a national organisation that promotes services for families with these difficulties -ERIC (Education and Resources for improving childhood Continence). There is not alot of information about this for professionals providing services for families. I would welcome contact and discussion from anyone with and interest and information in this area.  regards Eve Fleming