I agree with Tom (always a good thing to do), but there's a chance --
given the ubiquity of books of hours in the low countries in the
later Middle Ages -- that it could be Peter of Luxembourg, a cardinal
at age 18; for another image of him, see:

http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/m/master/avignon/luxembou.html

Best wishes, George

--
George FERZOCO

On 15 Mar 2007, at 16:07, Thomas Izbicki wrote:

> The image does look like a very juvenile Jerome.
>
> Tom Izbicki

> Unfortunately I do not know the context.  It is from a BOH as
> a leaf, and I do not have any text on the other side.
>
> Daniel

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]