medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture Hi, Cecil,

Christina of Stommeln is pretty darn weird. A beguine, famous for episodes in which she spontaneously became covered with demon poo (observers claim to have seen the poo appear but not the demons, visible to her alone). She also wandered nude about the countryside, visiting every religious foundation she encountered. There are two versions of her life, one in the AASS and one by an editor named Paulsen, who leaves out the naked wandering bit.

best, Nancy Caciola
History, UC San Diego