On Sunday, March 25, 2007, at 2:19 pm. I wrote:

> Today (25. March) is the feast day of:
>
> 1)  The Annunciation to the Blessed Virgin Mary (also The Annunciation
> of the Lord Jesus).

In the Roman Catholic and Lutheran churches when this feast would fall on a Sunday (as in 2007) it is instead celebrated on the following Monday.  So for many, this year, today (26. March) is actually the feast of the Annunciation.  Roman Catholics have returned to calling it the Annunciation of the Lord (as the feast was often called medievally).

Correcting a couple of slips::

> The twelfth-/fifteenth-century cattedrale della Santissima Maria
> Annunziata at Todi:

The correct word order is Maria Santissima Annunziata.

> The late thirteenth-century Annunciation fresco ascribed to Pietro di
> Miniato da Firenze (1366-1440 ca.) in Florence's Santa Maria Novella:
> http://www.smn.it/images/ch021.jpg

late fourteenth-century, obviously.

Two more Annunciations:
Mosaic by Pietro Cavallini (1291) in Rome's Santa Maria in Trastevere:
http://tinyurl.com/2at5wm
Early fourteenth-century icon from the church of Sv. Kliment, Ochrid, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c0/Lepota.jpg

Best again,
John Dillon

to: [log in to unmask]