Come and study for a PhD at one of the UK’s leading Centres for European
Studies.

The Centre for European & International Studies Research obtained a top 5
rating (research of international excellence) in the UK’s December
2001Research Assessment Exercise.

We are currently taking applications for bursary candidates to register
for a full-time research degree (MPhil/PhD) starting in
October 2007. Three bursaries are available (inc. one ESRC quota award).
We have research units working in the following areas:

European Social & Cultural Theory
Film and Media
Francophone Studies
History, Culture and Development in the Americas
Language Across Borders
Memory Cultures
Policy, Politics, Justice and Security in Europe
Postcolonial and Colonial Studies
Social, Historical and Cultural Change in Europe
Textual Theory and Practice
Transnationalism in Europe
Women’s & Gender Studies

Support for three years is subject to satisfactory progress. Bursary
awards include full fees and maintenance, which in 2006/7 was £12,300 pa.

For further details and to apply, please contact
Michelle Matthews.
Closing date: 30th March 2007.
t 023 9284 6033
e [log in to unmask]