From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Perry Rowena
Sent: 14 March 2007 09:42
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: copyright

Just been on the CLA website which says the following:

CLA issue new statement regarding NHS

Following on from statements issued previously regarding the NHS licence to copy from books journals and magazines, CLA has issued a new statement today:

“CLA and NHS Connecting for Health are actively negotiating a central licence for the photocopying and scanning of extracts from books, journals and magazines in the NHS in England. Both CLA and NHS CFH are optimistic that these negotiations will reach their conclusion soon. CLA has agreed to continue to suspend compliance activities while negotiations are making progress.”

Doesnt exactly say a lot

Now for my question, are libraries scanning journal articles for transmission to their readers and if so what are you saying to readers about printing and storing such files?

Many thanks.

Rowena Perry

Library Manager

Health Informatics Shared Services

There are now 560 books available electronically, to access the collection go to www.myilibrary.com and log in via the Athens authentication point with your Athens username and password.

A guide to using the service is available via the Healthcare Library website.

Check out our website: www.berkshire.nhs.uk/libraries  - to find out more about our services .

Healthcare Library

Prospect Park Hospital

Honey End Lane

Reading RG30 4EJ

Tel: 0118 960 5020

Fax: 0118 960 5014

Recipients should be aware that all E-mails received and sent by this Authority are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to a third party. The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy but the personal views of the originator. If you are not the addressee any disclosure, reproduction, distribution, other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error please return it to the originator. All messages sent by this organisation are checked for viruses using the latest anti virus products. This does not and can not however guarantee that a virus has not been transmitted. Please therefore ensure that you take your own precautions for the detection and eradication of viruses.