Apologies for cross-posting.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chambers, Mark
Sent: 09 March 2007 14:50
To: Mullen, Joanne
Subject: Science Direct

Can you forward this for comment to LIS Medical and anywhere else you
feel relevant please - and forward any replies back to me as well...

Thanks

MC

---

Elsevier has decided to phase out all Science Direct Web Editions for
academic and government customers and new customers will no longer be
able to sign up. All Web Editions will be discontinued as of March 31st
2008. The SD website says...

"Web Editions were first introduced in 1999 but not longer meet the
needs of our customers." [Did they ever...???]  "ScienceDirect has since
developed many valuable alternative options that you may want to
consider.

*         ScienceDirect Complete - an exact match with your entire print
journal holdings, plus the option to enhance access to content online.

*         ScienceDirect Standard - e-access to select print journals of
your choice, plus the option to enhance access to content online.

*         ScienceDirect Corporate Edition - corporate customers can
choose from the widest content coverage possible on ScienceDirect.

*         ScienceDirect College Edition - ScienceDirect is now available
at affordable rates to colleges.

*         ScienceDirect Business School Edition - ScienceDirect Business
School Edition is now available for independent business and management
schools.

*         ScienceDirect Web Editions - offers the most basic form of
electronic access available on the ScienceDirect platform.

*         ScienceDirect Onsite - Local management of your digital
library.

*         ScienceDirect e-Select - Purchase access to individual titles
on ScienceDirect with your credit card. E-Select gives you access to
your selected titles, back to 1995!

Can you please let me know which of the packages you use and any
comments on SD both relating to the individual packages and to SD in
general.

Many thanks

Mark Chambers

Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Trust