*** with apologies for cross posting***

New Director for LISU - Claire Creaser
Following the retirement of Dr J Eric Davies at the end of January
2007, LISU is pleased to announce the appointment of its new
Director. Claire Creaser is a Chartered Statistician, who has worked
at LISU for 13 years, and was previously the Deputy Director.

Claire's research interests are mainly in the areas of performance
management for libraries, project evaluation, and benchmarking. LISU
will continue to provide a wide range of research and consultancy
services, across all sectors of the library and information
community. She said "LISU has an established reputation in its field,
and I intend to build on that, and to develop the unit to meet the
needs of the profession. With the continued support of the
university, I am confident that LISU will go into the future to meet
the challenges and opportunities which arise".

For Further Information contact
Claire Creaser, LISU, Tel: 01509 635682, email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/dis/lisu

LISU
LISU is a national research and consultancy centre which aims to
promote good management practice in information, cultural and
academic services, through providing independent advice and support
for advocacy, performance evaluation and enhancement. It is based in
the Research School of Informatics and the Department of Information
Science at Loughborough University.
Dr Sally Maynard
Research Fellow, LISU and
Editor, "New Review of Children's Literature and
Librarianship"
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Leicestershire   LE11 3TU