I've heard that the error rate in Wikipedia isn't too different to Encyclopedia Britannica!
 Chris

 -----Original Message-----
From: learning development in higher education network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pat Hill
Sent: 08 March 2007 13:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Using wikipedia

Hi David
I'm not sure about the whole University but I know that in the School of Music, Humanities and Media using Wikipedia seems to be akin to using your Aunty Ethel's cousin's husband's anecdote as evidence, judging by the moral indignation it evokes. My view is that it's not a bad starting point if you want a way into a difficult topic but it can't be quoted as a reliable source.
Regards
Pat

Pat Hill
Academic Skills Tutor