	-----Original Message-----
	From: learning development in higher education network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Donnarumma (Staff)
	Sent: 08 March 2007 12:51
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: Using wikipedia

	Hello,

	I came across the following article
(http://education.guardian.co.uk/elearning/story/0,,2028515,00.html
<http://education.guardian.co.uk/elearning/story/0,,2028515,00.html> )
which involves students writing for wikipedia - similar to the 'evolving
writing wiki'. An interesting way of getting students to develop their
writing, as what they produce is open to discussion by many people. I
think it really helps to develop students' reflective approach to
writing. Another interesting point is the growing acceptance of
wikipedia as a reference.

	Has anybody else had an experience in developing students'
writing in this way? How acceptable is wikipedia as a reference at
universities?

	Regards,

	David

	Brunel University