--On 06 March 2007 16:42 +0000 Jon Warbrick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> We last discussed gateway compliance over a year ago [1]. That Westlaw
> and LexisNexis are still non-compliant with apparently no dates or even
> commitments to become compliant is a huge disappointment. It certainly
> calls into question any idea of transitioning to Shibboleth for the
> 2007/08 academic year, and missing that date means using Athens as a
> subscription service at least for June-September 2008 if we assume
> academic year boundary deployments.
>
> What do all those sites who have confirmed (very usefully - thank you)
> that they are using Shibboleth almost exclusively do about access to
> these two resources?

We're using AthensDA not Shibboleth, but still opt for IP address
authentication (with EZproxy for remote access) where available, including
for LexisNexis. Also many of our resources, full text in particular, are
not Athens or Shibboleth compliant. One of the benefits for Shibboleth over
Athens is supposed to be that as it's being adopted internationally
providers should be more inclined to adopt it, or if not, the pressure to
do so will come from many more of their customers. Is that not happening?

Cheers,

Laurence Lockton
University of Bath