DRAMA (Digital Repository Authorization Middleware Architecture) is a
sub-project within RAMP (http://www.ramp.org.au) that aims to develop a
web front-end for Fedora repository, and to re-factor Fedora
authentication and authorization into pluggable middleware components.

The DRAMA team is happy to announce the initial Alpha Release of our
Fedora components. The aim of this release is to demonstrate the following:
      * Federated authentication (using Shibboleth) for Fedora.
      * Extended XACML engine support via the introduction of an XML
database for storing and querying policies and XACML requests over web
services.
      * Re-factoring of Fedora XACML authorization into an interceptor
layer which is separate from Fedora.
      * A new web GUI for Fedora nicknamed "mura" (Note: that we will be
changing the GUI name to a new one soon).

Since the software is still in a very early stage, this release is
intended to illustrate the various designs and features, and to bed down
the framework that we will be using. In upcoming releases, we will focus
on stability, performance and documentation. We would appreciate any
help from people trying out the software and provide feedbacks to us in
making it better.

More information is available from our wiki website:
http://drama.ramp.org.au

Best Regards,

-chi
--
RAMP Project Manager
Macquarie E-Learning Center of Excellence,