It's strange that none of the repository keywords (repositories, open
access, preservation etc) feature in the conference list of topics.

Is it a sign of dissociation between the DL and IR research
communities in Europe? I only ask because yesterday I was invited to
participate in an European project bid on DLs which looked like it
should have been about Repositories, but the project organisers
wanted to develop their own DL software to do the same thing as a
repository. Bizarre.
--
Les

PS I'm not suggesting that I wanted them to use EPrints and huffed
out when they said no! The point was that they didn't even want to
create something called a repository when it seemed clear from their
list of requirements that a repository was exactly what was necessary.