From: "John Murtagh" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: illustrative/art materials in repositories

Hi Sheila

We're currently formulating our mandatory electronic theses submission
policy for Brunel University.

The question of non-electronic submission came up. Our preliminary
solution is to accept images, videos and music (they are available file
formats in DSpace 1.4.1). When it comes to art pieces for example
sculptures and paintings we are offering to photograph the piece or
pieces (no pun intended) and upload the files and metadata like any
normal thesis.

Hope this helps, would be interesting to see what other peeps are doing.

Best

John Murtagh

Website:

John Murtagh
Project Manager - Brunel University Research Archive
Brunel Library
Kingston Road
Uxbridge
UB8 3PH