Speaking with my BAJR head on, I am sadly aware of a general attempt by
Local Govt as a whole (surely they can't come up with the idea
simultaneously by coincidence) that Posts in Archives, Museums, Archaeology
and Heritage related posts should all either move down a notch (or two)
and/or are no longer required for the smooth running of goverment?   A
gentle drip drip erosion of both service and rpersonel will in the end
require either robust and concerted defence OR better start training for the
construction industry.

Does ALGAO have a stance on this?   should they be approached to find
whether they do?   and if yes...  what is it?  and if no...  why not?

Archaeology at LGA level is underpinned by the HER   -   and HLC for that
matter ...  are we looking at a development/construction hungry govt.
looking to remove any potential bocks to the construction of houses.   or am
I paranoid?

David Connolly
British Archaeological Jobs Resource
BAJR - www.bajr.org
Traprain House
Luggate Burn
Whittingehame
East Lothian
EH41 4QA

T: 01620 861643
M 0787 6528 498
E [log in to unmask]

Archaeology for All!

This E-mail and any attachments may contain information that is confidential
or privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the named recipient. If
you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken is prohibited and may be unlawful.