Dear all

I've been let down by a freelancer and am now looking for someone who can deliver some art workshops to Year 6 pupils on 27th and 29th March here at the Mercer Art Gallery.

The workshop description is below but entails getting pupils to stage groups of people, as William Powell Frith would have done.  They will explore the exhibition then work in groups to create their own scenarios which will be photographed and downloaded to fit onto a large background (also to be sketched by the freelancer).

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

I am also looking for someone to run an art workshop during the Easter holidays so maybe could be the same person.

Many thanks

Diane

Making a Masterpiece (2 hours)
Come and create your own masterpieces!  Learn how William Powell Frith staged his elaborate, detailed and character-full oil paintings.

Workshops will involve setting up children's very own stage sets using lighting, props and photography which will then be used to inspire their own masterpieces.
This is a unique opportunity to not only look at art from the outside but become part of the artwork itself!

Diane Taylor
Audience Development Officer
Harrogate Museums & Arts
Mercer Art Gallery,
Swan Road, Harrogate
HG1 2SA
Tel: 01423 556188
Fax: 01423 556130
www.harrogate.gov.uk/museums

Exhibitions at Harrogate Museums & Arts
Royal Pump Room Museum
Opening Saturday 3rd March "Victorian Life" - fabulous displays featuring a variety of objects from our collection.

Mercer Art Gallery
until 11th March 2007 - A Sense of Place: New work by Andrew Cheetham, Knaresborough Castle Artist in Residence 2006
until 11th March 2007 - Treasures of the Mercer: works from the Harrogate District collection.
COMING SOON... William Powell Frith: Painting the Victorian Age 24 March to 15 July 2007

Knaresborough Castle reopens on Good Friday 2007.

Primetime 2006/07 - bookings being taken now for our popular programme of Adult Events.

Please ring or visit our website for further details of our varied children's & adults activities programme.