There are a couple of posts coming up in Cardiff.
1. One is a 5 year post doc fellowship that will be made permanent at the
end of the five years. It is in the field of environment and
sustainability but I am looking for someone with either modelling/
computer simulation iterests or an interest in property rights and the
environment so that the postholder can fit into a newly formed complexity
and planning centre in Cardiff as well as various environmental research
centres. Does anyone know of anyone out there? The candidate should have
not long completed a PhD (<5 years say) and have a very good publication
record.

2. The second is a senior lecturer/ reader (reader is like a junior
professor). It is also being advertised in the environment field but,
again, it would be good if someone with environmental modelling/
simulation experience or an interst in environmental property rights were
to apply. We are looking for applicants who are likely to be in a position
to get a professorship in 5 years time - ie exceptionally productive with
research grants, publications and PhD supervision.

(for those of you in the UK, this is not RAE poaching - we would be happy
with an appointment post-RAE census date)

Chris

This is a message posted to the Gated Communities and Private
Governance List. If you reply to this message it will go to the
individual who sent it. If you want to post a message, email
[log in to unmask]  If you would like to
manage your account visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/GATEDCOMMUNITESPRIVATEGOVERNANCE.html