Hi Steve,

I did. The procedure I followed was as follows (I was working from the
command line).

/betfunc {file}.hdr b{file}  %Where {file} has already been preprocessed by
other means (motion correction, smoothing, normalization, etc.)

/ip b{file}.hdr fb{file} 10 -s 1.273 -t 100.0 -1

/melodic -i fb{file}.hdr -o fb{file}.ica -v -bgthreshold=10 --tr=1
-mmthresh=0.5 --report --0all  %Where fb{file} is the filtered, brain
extracted, preprocessed file

I then use the filter option as described below with the fb{file}.hdr file
as input and filtered_fb{file}.ica as output with the appropriate components
to be filtered.  I expected for the filtered_fb{file}.img to simply be a
recomposition from the mixing matrix minus the selected components, but when
I perform melodic on the filter output file I get many more components than
I thought I would.  Is this because there is unaccounted for variation
during the original ICA operation that is now coming into play?
Thanks for your help!

Tim