Dear FSLlist,

I have been trying to use the filter option to remove noise from my data and
I am wondering how exactly the function works.  I thought that the filter
function was merely removing the specified components from the mixing matrix
and rebuilding the data sans those components.  Just to see what would
happen, I filtered 25 of the 50 components generated from a 200 image dataset,

melodic -i data.hdr -v -o filtered_data.ica --mix=melodic_mix -f "2,3,.."

and then performed a melodic ICA on the filtered_data.img that is created.
I expected to get the 25 remaining components only, but instead still got
close to 50 components.  Clearly there is something about this process that
I do not understand.
Thanks for the help!

Tim