Priya,
I wanted to share with you that the first time I ran eddy_correct I got errors that turned out to be very serious.
The problem was that cygwin was finding the wrong version of "sort" and the results were quite wrong.  See my output below.
A question if I may...it looks like DTIstudio will save as raw "dat" files or analyze.
Are raw dat files dicom?  Did you save images using DTIstudio...or were you able to get MRIconvert to take your original dcm images and save them?
It isn't clear to me what the best course is here...any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks for directing me to MRIconvert.

Dianne

Output of eddy_correct when I had the problem with "sort":
Seems to run but complains:

[dpat@abel ~/EddyTest]$ ls
Image4d.hdr  Image4d.img
[dpat@abel ~/EddyTest]$ eddy_correct Image4d.img test1 0
-uThe system cannot find the file specified.

Usage: avwmerge <-x/y/z/t> <output> <file1 file2 .......>

-t : concatenate images in time
-x : concatenate images in the x direction
-y : concatenate images in the y direction
-z : concatenate images in the z direction

-a : auto-choose: single slices -> volume, volumes -> 4D (time series)

[dpat@abel ~/EddyTest]$ ls
Image4d.hdr  Image4d.img  test1.nii.gz

Output file is test1.nii.gz