Sorry folks,

the attachment seems to have been eaten on my last posting. Here it is,
in full, from the post made by Sylvain to the SPM list.

Best,

Dave.

Dear all,

I have been informed today that Jean Talairach passed away at the age of 96.

J. Talairach was a neurosurgeon at Saint-Anne hospital in Paris. He
revolutionized his field in the late 1940's by defining a patient-based
coordinate system and bringing stereotactic apparatus and techniques to
maturity.

He pushed further his ideas and efforts by elaborating a brain atlas and
spatial normalization approach (the Talairach referential and coordinate
system) with his long-term colleague Jean Bancaud.

"Talairach J, Tournoux P: Co-Planar Stereotaxic Atlas of the Human Brain.
New York, Thieme Medical, 1988', is a reference that has been enormously
cited in our field.

Best regards,

Sylvain.

David J McGonigle
Director, Centre for Functional Imaging Studies (CFIS)
Clinical Neurosciences
Western General Hospital (WGH)
Crewe Rd
EH4 2XU