It seems like you would probably want to do it as a single analysis.
Averaging the FAs from the separate analyses might have unintended
consequences as it is a non-linear operation to compute the FA from the
tensor. On the other hand, you could potentially average the tensors
then compute the FA from the average tensor. Another consideration is
that when you concatenate the raw data, you effectively concatenate the
design matrices, which can lead to more efficient tensor estimates than
doing the analyses separately. I don't have a feel for whether this
would have a big impact or not. If you have a lot of direction, probably
not.

doug

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center

In order to help us help you, please follow the steps in:
surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting