From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 3:11 PM
Subject: Re: [FRIENDSOFWISDOM-D] Our Dreaming

Dear Isabel

If we are living in a motherless culture, and it is a valuable thing to have, surely we want more of the 'mothering' that Cherryl is trying to do?

all good wishes

Bruce

In a message dated 29/03/2007 09:23:22 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
Dear Cherryl,

I didn't respond to your dream because I didn't know what to say.  It wasn't that I necessarily disagreed with what you expressed, I just found it too sentimental and it is my experience that such sentimentality comes with a huge price ticket. I think what bob was saying was that it's better to put what values and affection you have for people into daily life, rather than thinking about a rosy future that doesn't exist. Neither was he attempting to compete on the oppression stakes as you seemed to think.  He was, I think, just saying, wake up, get real!

Is there a future; is there even a present?

Your comments on servants smack of colonialism - the happy servants working in the fields... It really isn't a matter of how we define things. Black people for instance, have been called all kinds of things but it doesn't alter the fact of their disadvantage for being born with a black skin. And all over the world people are suffering from shortages of food and health care.  They don't need role models, they need food. I do not need a role model either: actually I need a job, but cannot get one as I don't fit in to a go getter competitve culture.

I think you are trying to look after the people on this list, which is what mother's do. I am a mother too and I recognise it in you, but mothers have to be careful to include ourselves in that nurturing and I was wondering where you were in your dreaming world.

 I think we live in a motherless culture and that is one of the main reasons this society and it's universities is not wise.

all the best,

Isabel. (not bob)