This is infectious:

Slim Pickens riding the back of the nuclear bomb at the end of Dr. Strangelove...

James Mason seeing Sue Lyon sunning herself in her bikini and heart shaped sunglasses in Lolita...

Little Alex coming back to himself as the Prime Minister brings him the huge stereo at the end of Clockwork Orange ("I was cured alright")

"For beauty is the beginning of terror we are still able to bear, and why we love it so is because it so serenely disdains to destroy us"  Rilke's First Duino Elegy

Daniel Shaw
Professor of Philosophy and Film
Lock Haven University
Managing Editor, Film and Philosophy