RE: Freud stillThere are many films inspired with 'mesmerism', but I do not know any inspired with 'gestalt psychology' - does that prove that mesmerism is a better theory to interpret films with than gestalt psychology?

Hrvoje
  From: Frank, Michael
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 7:49 PM
  Subject: Re: Freud still

  >>But has anyone seen a film or any piece of artwork fundamentally inspired by >>cognitivism, as fundamentally as Hollywood cinema is Freudian? I'd be curious to see

  a fascinating question . . . the answer seems intuitively obvious then, on,  reflection turns out to be a little more slippery than one expected . . .  but one answer seems eminently clear, specifically, every movie that [re]presents artificial or machine or cyber intelligence is in fact modeling one version or another of cognitivism -- i'll mention HAL in 2001 and let others fill in the rest of the endless  list of titles

  mike

  http://www.eset.com
  * * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. **

*
*
Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
**