Dear All,

I'm looking for material on examples of film being influenced by either
'theory' in a broad sense, philosophy, and / or film theory
specifically.  Can anyone suggest any texts that offer some kind of
overview or historical account of such influences perhaps?  The kind of
thing I have in mind includes examples like the influence of
Psychoanalysis on Surrealist film, of Existentialism on the French New
Wave, of Brecht on Godard, and also of Eisenstein and Bazin's wider
influences for instance.  Suggestions of particular 'uses' of theory in
specific films would also be helpful - one example I can think of is how
USA THE MOVIE explores some of Deleuze's concepts.  Any suggestions
would be very welcome!

Cheers

Dean

*