From: "Kasia Opowicz-Gorowska"
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 2:13 PM
Subject: Disabled Students and New Technologies at HEI (UNESCO founded
research projet)

Dear All

My name is Kasia Opowicz-Gorowska.
I work as a PhD researcher at the University of Sunderland with Professor
Alan Roulstone. My research is in the field of disabled students and new
technologies at higher education. This is the comparison about the
provisions and the support for disabled students connected with new
technologies around Polish and British HE.

And I am writing to ask for support.

I struggle to get in touch with students to ask them to join the project -
to fill in the questionnaire and then meet for the interview. The reason of
the fact is not that the research are not important or students not happy to
take part in. I struggle because it is really difficult to contact students
to invite them to the project. Disability Support Teams at the Universities
I posted the research info to are happy to help but they are very busy and
not always engaged in the process enough.

So I decided to ask for support at the mailing list, maybe you have any
other ideas how to advertise the research how to contact students. That is
my first post in here so maybe you know any other mailing list especially
for students where I could sent the invitation for the project.

Very best wishes to all
Kasia :)

Katarzyna Opowicz-Gorowska
PhD research student
School of Health, Natural and Social Science
University of Sunderland
Priestman Building
Green Terrace
Sunderland SR1 3PZ
TEL: +44 (0) 191 515 58322

This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for
Disability Studies at the University of Leeds
(www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about the list
administratione should be sent to [log in to unmask]
Archives and tools are located at: