apologies for any cross-posting

The C21st public lecture series fat UCL or April/May 2007 is now being announced and the speakers and topics will be of interest to many members of the list. Please make a note of the dates in your diary and come along if you can.

C21st Curation: working with digital assets in the new Millennium;
challenges and opportunities

The future of an Information Society and the knowledge economy will be built
around electronic access to information. These developments will
increasingly impact on the lives of staff working in our institutions,
current students and private individuals and there is an urgent need to
ensure that we can adapt to benefit from new digital access and service
opportunities.

Following the highly successful inaugural series of public lectures in 2005,
UCL School of Library, Archive and information Studies is pleased to
announce details of a third series of C21st Curation public lectures for
2007 on the four Wednesdays 25 April - 16 May. The lectures by seven leading
speakers will be open to students, professionals and the general public.
Lynne Brindley, Chief Executive of the British Library, will open the series
on Wednesday, 25 April with a keynote paper on the impact of digital
materials in libraries. We are also delighted to include in this year's
programme our first international speakers on 2 May, Jens Redmer (Google)and
Michael Buschmann (Microsoft), on the 9 May Paul Kellam (UCL Centre for
Virology)
and Fiona Reddington from the NCRI Informatics Initiative: winner
of the first Times Higher Research Project of the Year award and finally, on
16 May Lorraine Estelle (JISC) and Anthony Watkinson (SLAIS), the first
recipient of the Vicky Speck Memorial Award in 2006.

The lecture series will be held in the Chadwick lecture theatre  at UCL from
6.00 -7.15pm. Each lecture will be followed by a reception to which speakers
and the audience are invited.

Directions
Chadwick lecture theatre is on the right of the MAIN Entrance to UCL from
Gower Street. A map and directions are available at:
http://www.ucl.ac/about-ucl/location/.
Nearest Tube stations are:
Euston Square  Metropolitan, Circle and Hammersmith and City Lines
Euston               Victoria line and Northern line (Charing Cross and City
branches)