Bristol is implementing a 'reward' system on pay.

Substantial numbers of staff - overwhelmingly non-academic - have been
red-lined, which means that the University believes they are overpaid in
the current, local, market. 21% of secretaries are scheduled to
experience a real loss of pay of 12%+ as are 44% of craftworkers. Tne AUT
(sorry UCU)  has recommended the deal to its members as the 'best
available' and got a positive vote at a meeting!

--
Prof Ron Johnston FBA
School of Geographical Sciences

phone +44 117 928 9116