--- Harvey Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I have to admit it is many many years since I used
> their libraries.
>
> > About 15 years after the Fortran 90 standard, NAG
> > cannot be bothered to create SIMPLE interfaces
> even
> > for NEW procedures -- GARCH algorithms are recent
> > additions to its library. This is especially
> > disappointing from a company that is a leader in
> > adding features from the lastest Fortran standard
> > its compiler.
>
> I find it strange that you can write this with no
> mention of
> their Fortran 90 library which does appear to use
> modern
> features.
> Is your complaint really that the Fortran 90 library
> is not as
> comprehensive as you would want?

Yes. For example, the time series section of the NAG
Fortran 90 library
http://www.nag.co.uk/numeric/FN/manual/html/c29_fn04.html
does not have GARCH models, which the F77 library
http://www.nag.co.uk/numeric/fl/manual/html/G13/g13_conts.html

does have. In general there are more algorithms in the
F77 library. IMSL carried over the ENTIRE content of
its Fortran 77 library to Fortran 90. So did Numerical
Recipes.

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/