 Things haven't changed much since I was born there (can't wait for the tirade of Norfolkist accusations). Mind you, I support Ipswich Town which makes me certifiable and you wouldn't hit a man when he's down....
Craig

GREAT YARMOUTH HURRICANE APPEAL

A major hurricane (Hurricane Shazza) and an earthquake measuring 5.8 on the
Richter scale hit Gt Yarmouth in the early hours of Friday with its
epicentre in the Arcade. Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly,
muttering "Faaackinell".

The hurricane decimated the area causing approximately £ 30 worth of
damage. Several priceless collections of mementos from Majorca and the Costa
del Sol were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars
were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their giros arrived.

Vibe FM reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered and
were still trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting
had happened in GY . One resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother
of 5 said, "It was such ashock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes came running
into my bedroom crying.My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Victoria-Storm
slept through it all. I was still shaking when I was skinning up and
watching Trisha the next morning."

Apparently looting, muggings and car crime were unaffected and carried on as
normal. The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of
Sunny Delight to the area to help the stricken locals.

Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large
quantities of personal belongings, including benefit books, jewellery from
Elizabeth Duke at Argos and Bone China from Poundland.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those
unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster.Clothing is most sought
after - items most needed include: Fila or Burberry baseball caps Kappa
tracksuit tops (his and hers) Shell suits (female) White sport socks
Rockport boots and any other items usually sold in Primark. Food parcels may be
harder to come by, but are needed all the same.

Required foodstuffs include:Microwave meals, Tins of baked beans, Ice cream,
Cans of Colt 45 or Special Brew. 22p buys a biro for filling in the
compensation forms.

£2 buys chips, crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 9. £5 buys B&H and a
lighter to calm the nerves of those affected

***Breaking news***

Rescue workers found a girl in the rubble smothered in raspberry alco-pop.
'Where are you bleeding from?' they asked, "Lowerstoft" said the girl,
"wossit gotta do wiv you?"

Please don't forward this to anyone living in Gt Yarmouth -oh,sod it...they
won't be able to read it anyway.