From: Craig Newnes AOL <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 9:00:42 AM
Subject: Re: Being mindful

Message
Miller Mair, Wittgenstein and Russell all point to one of the curious aspects of what can and can't be described in language. This is the tendency to reveal absurdity and vacuity in our use of terms like "mindful". If you want to shred the idea of mindfulness in CBT just ask the question, "What would unmindful CBT look like?" The answer is likely to be a) I don't want it and b) How can something claiming to be Cognitive be unmindful? Come back Derrida - all is forgiven.