Hi Clare (and Stephen, and list),

At the University of Bolton we're just about to start a short JISC-funded project to develop a tool along very similar lines to Stephen's RSS Writr in terms of the source->scan->select->combine->comment->share workflow (we're calling it "feedforward"; take a spin with RSS Writr and you'll see why), though developed as a desktop application similar to NetNewsWire or iTunes rather than as an online service.

The main 'educational' things we'll be adding to the mix are incorporating research and library-style sources from the Information Environment (via OAI-PMH and SRU) into the same process, and including a wider range of output sources - so as well as social bookmarking, playlists, and blogs, we can also turn collected items into packages uploaded into JORUM, or into BibTex citation lists (similar to Zotero), if that's what you're into.

We'll be looking for people to help inform the design and provide feedback on what we develop; let me know off-list if you'd be interested in getting involved.

-S