From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of James
Thompson
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 19:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] wine coolers for crystallization?

Anyone using wine coolers with peltier thermoelectric controllers
(without auto defrost) for macromolecular crystallization in their
home labs?  I remember a tiny box using similar technology that once
was sold by Hampton Research, but I can no longer find it.  Is there
any good reason not to use peltier-based cooling?  The expense is
very small compared to the incubators I've bought.  An array of
vibration-free wine coolers would offer multiple temperatures.
Advertised are temperature swings under +/-0.5°C within useable ranges.

Jim