Hello Klaus,

I think you should give Gerard some "Hofnarrenfreiheit".  (That's a fine
German word for you to figure out, Gerard.)  He is certainly not an evil
racist at heart.

Andreas

Klaus Piontek wrote:
> Greetings (or in "correct" Swiss German "Grüezi wohl", with Umlaut=vowel
> mutation) to all CCP4BB subscribers,
>
> being a CCP4BB reader (and sometimes writer) since something like 15
> years, I realized today that the comment  of Gerard was the first one I
> read since then containing a side-swipe regarding the nationality or the
> national character of authors.
>
> I think, within a multinational scientific community with a very long
> lasting tradition of internationalism such comments should be beyond
> this forum.
>
> On the other hand Gerard's comment contains a somewhat humorous (Swiss,
> Swedish, German, Dutch, ... kind of?) aspect, since it refers partly to
> Switzerland, a country where* many* foreigners live and work, including
> Germans like Dirk.  I would guess a situation similar like in Sweden or
> The Netherlands, isn't it?
>
> Sorry being German too I could not resist making such a moralizing comment.

snip

--
    >>>       Andreas Förster       <<<
8 rue Doudart de Lagrée, F-38000 Grenoble
+33.438.866201    docandreas.blogspot.com
https://wasatch.biochem.utah.edu/~andreas