Dear Pat and friends,

Our lab has a ultraX18 5.4kw x-ray generator, and the lifetime of the
filament is more than 1000 hours before rigaku recalled and changed the
vacuum pump. I noticed that the lifetime is really related with the the
vacuum. Ideally it is below 0.1mpa and the lifetime can be longer than
1000 hours, but the changed vacuum pump does not work so good than before,
and the lifetime is shortened to up 800 hours.

Did anyone meet the similar problem and share the experience in the
maintenance?

Thanks.

--
Peng Zhang, Ph.D. Student
Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology

320 Yue-Yang Road
Shanghai 20031
P.R. China

Tel: 021-5492-1117