Weijun,

There are literally hundreds of options you can pursue - obviously a
comprehensive and detailed list of suggestions would not fit in a little
email (in fact they don't all fit into a one-volume book).

It would be helpful to narrow things down a bit - for starters, for one or
two cases you may want to share with us exactly what you're trying to do. It
would help to have the data pertaining to: the sequence of cDNA that you're
using, where does the DNA come from, vector(s) you've tried, promoters,
fusion proteins and tags attempted, strains of E. coli, media types,
expression conditions, and so forth. Heterologous expression of proteins is
not a guarrantee, and for each protein you try the solution may be
different. All of the abovementioned variables and dozens more are
important, and getting some of them right is not enough - typically you have
to get nearly all of the variables right, and that can be a lot of work (and
ultimately still may not be enough). As has been suggested, you can try
other hosts - for instance Gram positive bacteria (Bacillus megaterium is an
interesting host as are other bacilli, especially if your protein is
secreted), other Gram negative bacteria (Pseudomonas for instance), yeasts
(Pichia, Hansenula, Yarrowia, Klyveromyces), insect cells (Trichoplusia or
Spodoptera - they're different!), mammalian cells (dozens of options there
too), or cell-free expression. If you're truly desperate you can try
expression in more esoteric hosts such as plant roots, algi, parasites
(Leishmania), whole insect larvae, animals (milk), and so forth.

Cheers,

Artem