From: Archivists, conservators and records managers. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Zoe Darani
Sent: 30 March 2007 11:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Finding funds for postgraduate study in Archives Administration

Dear all

I have accepted a place to study an archives administration course; this is
a full time course and will begin in September 2007.

I graduated from University in 2005 with a 2:1 history degree and a £12000
debt, finding some sort of charitable funding would therefore be extremely
helpful to me.

I explored options such as AHRC funding and bursaries at the University that
I am going to study at;  competition for these resources are so fierce that
my modest degree qualification prevented me from applying to these.

I have applied to my Local Authority and numerous local and national
charitable organisations for some financial assistance to help pay for the
tuition fees which will be c. £3,100, finding any kind of help is proving
impossible; many organisations are dedicating their financial resources to
first degree study (which I can understand and do have full sympathy for new
undgraduates having to pay for top up fees).

I am currently saving some money to help pay for the course, though I count
my self fortunate to have found paid work experience in an archive, saving
money to do the course on an Archives Assistant salary is not easy.

It seems that it is becoming increasingly difficult to enter the archives
profession.

I wonder what other peoples thoughts are on this matter and whether anyone
can recommend any charities that postgraduates studying the archives course
can apply to.

Many thanks

Zoe

http://www.msn.txt4content.com/
THIS E-MAIL AND ANY ATTACHED FILES ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE
LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution or other dissemination or use of this
transmission in error please notify the sender immediately and then
delete this e-mail.
Opinions, advice or facts included in this message are given
without any warranties or intention to enter into a contractual
relationship with the City of London unless specifically indicated
otherwise by agreement, letter or facsimile signed by a City of
London authorised signatory. Any part of this e-mail which is
purely personal in nature is not authorised by the City of London.

All e-mail through the City of London's gateway is potentially the
subject of monitoring. All liability for errors and viruses is
excluded. Please note that in so far as the City of London falls
within the scope of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the
Environmental Information Regulations 2004, it may need to disclose
this e-mail.
Website: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk