Jiyoung Song schrieb:

> Dear Sir.
>
> Greetings from seoul.
>
> My name is Song Jiyoung working for KBS(Korea Broadcasting Systems)
> that is the national broadcasting company in South Korea. Nowadays I
> am preparing a TV documentary titled "Noodle Route"(temporary title),
> which is about the origin and diffusion of noodle.
> In my program, I would like to show "how the wheat and noodle move
> along the Silkroad".
> So I have been collecting data about wheat in Near East.
> I am wondering where are the most archeologically important site and
> the preservation of historical remains.
> Can you please recommend important places regarding my interest?
> Also, is there any team who is excavating wheat, crop, farming, etc in
> Near East?
> If so, please let me know any way that I can contact this team to have
> an interview about "the origin of wild and growing wheat".
>
> Your help will be so much appreciated.
> Looking forward to your favorable reply.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jiyoung. song
>

> --
> Song, Jiyoung
>
> Researcher ( Food, Wine & Cooking)
> Feature Documentary Team
>
> Korean Broadcasting System
> 18 Youngdeungpo-Gu, KBS TV, Seoul, South Korea
>
> O. 82-2-781-1384
> C. 82-16-709-7098
> F. 82-2-781-1379

> Visit our English Website: http://english.kbs.co.kr/
Dear Jiyoung. song,

there are several groups working in that area on this topic.
You may get into touch with George Willcox. There are also some articles
available in the scientific journal Vegetation History and Archaeobotany
concerning this topic by him and one forthcoming (Early Holocene
cultivation before domestication in northern Syria).

Dr. George Willcox
Archéorient CNRS UMR 5133, Université de Lyon II.
Antenne d'Archéorient, Jalès, Berrias.
07460 St-Paul-le-Jeune.
FRANCE
Tel : 00 33 (0)4 75 89 80 24
Fax :00 33 (0)4 75 89 80 22
Mob:00 33 (0)6 28 08 24 44

Tel pers 00 33 (0) 4 75 39 08 37
E. mail [log in to unmask]

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/g.willcox/
http://www.mom.fr/archeorient/

or:

Prof. Mordechai Kislev
http://www.biu.ac.il/JS/le/Faculty/Kislev.htm

who can most probably answer your questions,

Best regards,
Felix Bittmann

Dr. Felix Bittmann
Niedersaechsisches Institut für historische Kuestenforschung
Viktoriastr. 26/28
D-26382 Wilhelmshaven

Tel +49 (0)4421 915 146
Fax +49 (0)4421 915 110