Dear Allstat,

In SAS I would like to calculate an exact confidence interval for the small
sample case (based on Wilcoxon's rank sum test) to accompany my
Hodges-Lehmann estimator. I currently use SAS version 8.2, and cannot find a
function or process which calculates the estimator and exact confidence
interval. I have seen that there is a way to calculate the asymptotic
confidence interval (by programming and making use of the probit function)
and was wondering if there is an equivalent to my problem.

Alternatively if anyone has any ideas in SAS version 9.13, I would also be
most grateful.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,

Kerry Müller.