What I read in these pages comforts me in an observation I proposed before.

Of course there is the question of the language (read me !), - but it does
not explain for the NATO (Steve Linstead) thing, since most of the
contributors in AACORN come from the North (Europe, US, etc). But we have to
agree that very few of the networks on Art and Management that were quoted
recently are "south European based" (I mean in Italy, Spain, France, Greece,
Portugal).
Although the first Academies were created there.

And it brings me back to the frame of mind which is implied (I feel it
anyway) when one speaks of "Art" in these pages.

Obviously (and this not a criticism of course, just a - may be irrelevant -
observation) most of the contributors refers to contemporary or modern art.

This introduce, in my opinion, a bias in considering works of art in a post
romantic frame of mind, as pieces produced on a "tabula rasa" (Hegel) which
emphasis in the creation process both the imagination of the author and his
sense of the "market" (the public, this big romantic invention).

I expressed before in those pages that Art was more often referred as the
production of "artifacts" that as a galaxy of sciences, theories,
methodologies which have been developed initially (Winkelmann, von
Schlosser) which have appeared mostly to understand the "old masters" (a
term which generally refers to pre romantic creators) in order to establish
authorship, filiations, influences, meaning of content, explanation of
style. All aspects which can be considered as constraints on the creator.

Very few if written in theses pages on the use of all this corpus of
knowledge on "old art" to explain that other great (and ancient) activity of
mankind that is "management" (besides religion, politics, social
organization, etc.)

In think it could be a less metaphorical way to relate Art to Management and
Organization and probably a productive one.
Vincent

  _____