Hello

I’m in the very early stages of planning a one day conference about Web
2.0/Library 2.0 and how it can be used to engage teenagers in libraries.

If you are using technology such as blogs, social networking (eg MySpace,
Bebo, Facebook), podcasting, RSS feeds, wikis, instant messaging etc as a
means to engage teenagers and would be prepared to talk about your
experiences, I would very much like to hear from you.

I’m looking for people from public libraries, school libraries, FE
libraries, HE libraries and similar organisations who would be prepared to
give a 20 minute presentation.  Some of the questions I’m hoping the
conference will address are:
•	What are the benefits to young people of using this type of technology (eg
engagement, literacy, social skills)?
•	What problems have you experienced and how have you overcome them (eg
security concerns, staff skills)
•	What has the reaction been from: young people, library staff, other
library users?

I don’t have firm details yet, but I’m hoping to hold the conference in the
West Midlands during late September.

If you’re not in a position to give a presentation, but would like more
information when it becomes available, please email [log in to unmask]

Many thanks

Sarah McNicol

Evidence Base Research & Evaluation
University of Central England, Birmingham

https://livemessenger.mobile.uk.msn.com/