Hello,

I’m developing an Education Service for an Elizabethan manor house that is due to open to the public later this year or early next. We have two education rooms, and the house will occasionally be available for tours, as well as a small permanent exhibition based there.

From the magnificent wealth of experience contained throughout GEM members, can I ask for any general advice on developing this service? I am planning to consult with teachers and schools advisers on issues such as frequency of museum visits, activities, NC objectives, education space atmosphere etc. Is there anything I’ve missed?

Or can anyone recommend a fantastic way you have developed such a scheme? What tips would you offer?

Please reply to me at work: [log in to unmask] I can compile a list of replies for anyone who wants them.

Thanks for this!

Sarah Hammond
Interpretation & Learning Officer
West Berkshire Council

MSN Hotmail is evolving - check out the new Windows Live Mail