hi karl

while this is Horowitz, he is not alone and outside of the academic
community. There are those within The Academy who are faculty and who agree
with much of what he is saying safely from the outside.  The main issue here
seems to be the sense that many academics, and others, who have minority
views, usually more conservative, are feeling that they are being
discriminated against as are some students of a similar political and social
persuasion. The best example is in the left leaning cultural studies arena
which is neo marxists in position. Others find concerns that the left is not
as tolerant of certain religious perspectives as well as traditional views
of sexual orientation, as examples.

In many ways this suffers from some of the same problems around schools
which we have been discussing. The devil is in the details.

tom

tom abeles

>From: Karl Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: FW: Indoctrination U: The Left's War Against Academic Freedom
>Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:16:33 +0000
>
>Horowitz's efforts are directed to suppress free speech and academic
>freedom. It is all part of the relentless efforts in the USA to silence all
>opposition to the current system.

>  What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of
>your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship.

Find what you need at prices you’ll love. Compare products and save at MSN®
Shopping.
http://shopping.msn.com/default/shp/?ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24102&tcode=T001MSN20A0701