Hi

We are in the middle of a procurement process for a new VLE. I am managing
Data Conversion and Content Migration for this and I need to put together a
draft project plan together with workpackages.

At the moment most of our learning content sits in an in-house developed
system where we have just over 2,500 modules which we will need to migrate
these have at least 1 item attached. Content is not in SCORM packages most
of the items are in a variety of formats e.g. docs, exl, gif, html etc. We
don't know which VLE we will be going with but will hopefully try to map
features and areas within our existing system with the new system.

I have two questions:

Firstly
If anybody has been through a similar exercise would they be willing to
share their project management process with me – or even better be willing
to talk to me about how they went about things, in particular how to prepare.

Secondly
We may consider getting extra staff to help us with the physical task of
actual migration, likewise has anybody else had experience of doing this and
could they provide me with details of how many people, how long and how much
it cost, the best time etc. - pitfalls

Feel free to reply directly to myself rather than the list. And apologies if
you see this in other JISCMail lists as I am directing it too as many people
as I can.

Many thanks

Vicki
____________________________