 <<FullFactorial.jpg>>  <<FlexibleFactorial.jpg>>

Dear SPM5 experts:

We are trying to set up Repeated Measure ANOVA on SPM5 with
full or missing data

1. Flexible Factorial with full data

I ran a RMANOVA with PET data over 3 time points using a flexible
factorial design. This was done with two factors (repetition, subject).
The scans were entered for each of 10 subjects with a condition of
1 2 3 and without interaction between factors.

The design matrix looks right according to spm5 manual (see jpg file).
I used a T contrast of (2 -1 -1) or (-2 1 1) to examine the decreased or

increased main effect over the 3 time points.

2. Full Factorial with full data

I tried to replicate the analysis above with full factorial model. I
specify
two factors (repetition, 3 levels; subject 1 level). For each of 3 cells
enter levels (1 1) / (2 1) / (3 1) with scans from all subjects in the
same
order. The design matrix (see attached jpg file) is different but seems
indicate interaction between repetition and subject. However the results
appear to be very similar with the same contrast.

3. Full Factorial with missing data

According to the emails on the list and other documentation it seems
possible to use Full Factorial design in spm5 to handle RMANOVA
with missing data. This often happens in a longitudinal study to follow
disease progression or treatment outcome. However, it is unclear how
this can be done with the way the scans are entered. Dropping scans
of the last 2 subjects at time 3 seem to work but I am not sure whether
that is correct in spm5 implementation. Perhaps some of you have already

figured out a clever specification of cells.

Would you please confirm whether my setup is correct in analyses
1 & 2.

We would be grateful to get any input on how to enter missing
data in a general way.

Lastly, please advise whether there is any potential problem if
snr* scans are generated from spm99.

Many thanks for your help on our way to SPM5.

Best regards,

Yilong Ma

Associate Professor
Departments of Neurology and Medicine
New York University School of Medicine

Room 224
350 Community Drive
Manhasset, NY 11030

Tel: 516-562-1057 (office)
Fax: 516-562-1008 (office)
Email: [log in to unmask]

The information contained in this electronic e-mail transmission
and any attachments are intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to whom or to which it is addressed, and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this communication
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying
or disclosure of this communication and any attachment is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately by telephone and electronic mail,
and delete the original communication and any attachment from any
computer, server or other electronic recording or storage device
or medium. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient is
not a waiver of any attorney-client, physician-patient or other
privilege. Thank you.