Hi,

I've read the recent messages about the thresholding.
Suppose I've got a patient with an activation quite close to a tumour
that needs to be surgically removed, and the surgeon would like to cause
as little damage as possible.
I was wandering: would it make at all sense to do FWE with p<1? I will
surely have all the false positives, but it might be the safest option.
Also, what does exactly means FWE with p=1? That no matter how many
times I repeat the analysis I will always get for sure one voxel that is
a false positive? Or would I get a lot of false positives?

Or would it be better to use FDR with p<0.05 or p<0.1?
For "better" I think I mean: what is the best way to have a lot of
sensitivity without risking of having false positives everywhere?

Best,
    Laura

This email is confidential and is intended solely for the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If this is not you, please forward the message to [log in to unmask]  We have scanned this email before sending it, but cannot guarantee that malicious software is absent and we shall carry no liability in this regard.
We advise that information intended to be kept confidential should not be sent by email.  We also advise that health concerns should be discussed with a medical professional in person or by telephone.  NHS Direct can also provide advice.  We shall not be liable for any failure to follow this advice.  University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH).