Dear all,

I am very happy to see so many responses on the real time maps (I was
away for the Chinese new year break). I have a project to track people's
daily trajectory pattern and then analyze it for city planning. Now the
most difficult thing is how to get the trajectory datasets. One simple
way would be to collaborate with cell phone operators, and ask them to
release all trajectories in one particular geographic area. But it seems
difficult, simply phone company would not cooperate if there is no
direct benefit. Another way would be to invite individual people to
voluntarily participate, and asked them to send an SMS to individual
respective phone operators to release the trajectory datasets. Anyone
there had such an experience to share? Would the cell phone operators
have such duty to do so? Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Bin

SteveC wrote:
> Tom Carden wrote:
>
>> feeds of live cab locations in San Francisco.  I believe Google
>> offers maps of the same for most US cities, but I don't know how
>> accessible the data is.
>
> There's a hack for that in google maps hacks from oreilly.
>
> have fun,
>
> SteveC [log in to unmask] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

Bin Jiang
Division of Geomatics
Dept. of Technology and Built Environment
University of Gävle, SE-801 76 Gävle, Sweden
Phone: +46-26-64 8901    Fax: +46-26-64 8828
Email: [log in to unmask]  Web: http://www.hig.se/~bjg/

NordGISci: http://www.hig.se/~bjg/NordGISci/
NordGISci2007: http://www.hig.se/~bjg/NordGISci2007/
ICA Workshop: http://www.ggy.uga.edu/people/faculty/xyao/Workshop2007/