Dear all

Re Stephen Bullivant's request for help with software, I asked David Voas for comment -  many of you will remember his excellent presentation at the Bristol conference last year. He has replied with some information which may be of general interest:

__________________________

Some universities make web survey software and services available, e.g.
at Manchester:

http://ict.humanities.manchester.ac.uk/web/communications/onlinesurvey/index.html

http://ict.humanities.manchester.ac.uk/training/resources/web/survey.html

At the LSE:

http://websurveys.lse.ac.uk/surveys/

I suggest that you ask the helpdesk in your own IT department for
guidance.

There are periodically courses such as:

http://www.socstats.soton.ac.uk/cass/courses0203/websurvdesign.html

and it might be worth contacting the tutor or organiser for further
information.

The feature Stephen mentions is common (so-called adaptive testing) and
I would expect it to be available in standard packages.

Good luck!

David

_____________

Dr David Voas
Cathie Marsh Centre for Census and Survey Research
Crawford House
University of Manchester
Manchester
M13 9PL
UK

tel: +44 161 275 4836
fax: +44 161 275 4722
[log in to unmask]&YY=88437&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b">[log in to unmask]

SOCREL-PG is the Postgraduate e-mail list of the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group. To join SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message: join socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME to: <[log in to unmask]> Send contributions to the list by sending messages to: [log in to unmask] To leave SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message: leave socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME to: <[log in to unmask]>