List members may be interested in the following...

Looking Behind the Labels
Thursday 29th March, 7pm

Whether it’s at the supermarket, DIY store or florist, consumers are faced
with a rising number of labels promoting ethical and eco-friendly
businesses. But do these really support sustainable land management and
local livelihoods? Using examples from different industries we explore
some of the eco-labels around, how they are set up and if they could be
applied to Belize’s international palm industry. Join us for an evening
debate with scientists, non-government organisations and businesses as we
investigate how powerful and ethical the green market really is.

The event will take place in the Darwin Centre (entrance via Queensgate).
It is free of charge but booking is essential. To book your place call 020
7942 5555 or email us at [log in to unmask]

Best, Ivvet.

Ivvet Modinou
Science Communicator/Host

Nature Live
The Natural History Museum
Cromwell Road
South Kensington
London
SW7 5BD
t: 020 7942 6032
e: [log in to unmask]

Nature Live brings together scientists and visitors to explore, discover
and discuss the natural world and our place within it through a daily
programme of events. For details of our programme or to watch live and
archive events visit our website at www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-live